At Rochester General Surgery, we accept a wide variety of insurance plans and policies. Dr. Hinshaw, Dr. Albaran, Dr. Sullivan, Dr. Kolbe, Dr. Johnson, and Dr. Acho offer these options in order to give you the best care possible.
Please click your insurance provider in order to see which doctor accepts your particular insurance plan.
- Please be advised that you are responsible for all fees not covered by your insurance company. This includes deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance, and anything that is not a covered benefit.
- It is recommended that you call your insurance carrier prior to your surgery to ensure that it is a covered benefit and determine if you will have any out-of-pocket costs.
- Please be aware that any bill you receive from our office is entirely separate from the facility (Hospital or Ambulatory Surgery Center). The facilities billing may include services from entities such as the anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, pathologist along with a facility fee. It is recommended that you contact the facility for any questions regarding their fees for surgery. Our office will not collect any payment upfront prior to your surgery. We will bill your insurance carrier once your surgery has been performed to ensure the accurate amount that will be owed, if any.
- If a prior authorization is required for your scheduled procedure, we will obtain that authorization for you.
- If you have any questions you may contact our office at (248)853-9177.
NOTES FROM OUR BILLING DEPARTMENT
Please be advised that if your health insurance plan has a deductible, every year it starts over and you will need to reach the deductible before your plan benefits start. Not every health plan has a deductible , and the amount may vary by plan. Please contact your insurance carrier for information regarding your yearly deductible and out of pocket costs.
- Many insurance plans have deductibles and coinsurances.
- Every plan goes by calendar year (January thru December).
- Co-pays are due at the time of your visit.
Most insurances are able to give you an estimated out of pocket cost for surgeries with a quick phone call to your carrier (the phone number is usually on the back of your card). If your insurance requires a referral, please make sure you have that at the time of your visit.